This Week on Campus (Stamford E-Bulletin), is a weekly email that is intended to have ALL the information you need to know about what is happening on campus. It should be the ONE email that all Students, Faculty, Staff read to keep informed!
Information that is appropriate for this E-Bulletin includes Campus/University related information, announcements, programs, resources, opportunities, etc.
The E-bulletin will be distributed each Monday of the fall and spring academic terms (skipping fall/spring breaks; and on holidays were classes are not in session the E-bulletin may be sent out on Tuesday instead)
There are 2 rules in place for the E-Bulletin.
- Announcements must be submitted one business day in advance
The publication is sent on Monday’s at 11 AM. Submissions should be entered by Friday at Noon (you may reach out to the Student Activities Office if you need a one time extension – although it may not be guaranteed!)
- Announcements can be repeated a maximum of 3 times
If you want to submit more than three times, you should create a new post with a new title, and edit the description.
Anyone with a NetID can submit to the “This Week on Campus (Stamford E-Bulletin)” by visiting the Soapbox site (Soapbox is the software that powers the E-Bulletin)
- Go to the Soapbox site at: soapbox.uconn.edu
- Click the blue “Submit Announcement” button
- Sign in with your NetID & password
- Select “This Week on Campus (Stamford E-bulletin)” as your publication
- Choose an upcoming publication date
- Fill in the headline, announcement details or a link to an external announcement, and your contact information
Announcement submissions will be reviewed weekly by the Stamford Student Activities Office and placed into one of the following categories:
- Special Category
- Reserved for urgent messages
- This Week’s Events
- The Events taking place during the current week.
- General Announcements
- Information regarding information and opportunities that aren’t necessarily event related.
- Important Deadlines
- Dates you should probably mark down somewhere.
- Upcoming Events
- Events that will be taking place soon.
- Good to Know!
- general information that will make your life just a bit easier
If you have information that doesn’t seem to fit into one of these categories, but want to submit it for inclusion in the E-bulletin, Please do! We will determine if it is appropriate and make a place for it! This list of categories will change and develop as the newsletter grows! Information that is appropriate for this E-Bulletin includes Campus/University related information, announcements, programs, resources, opportunities, etc. Our priority is providing Students, Faculty, and Staff a most useful email that will keep them informed!